Wednesday, 27 July 2005

Warning: felting is contagious

I think I've caught the felting bug. I popped into Lincraft yesterday at lunchtime and picked some fuschia coloured Cosy wool to make the Sophie bag. My excuse? I need a little handbag to co-ordinate nicely with my outfit to be worn to my cousin's wedding in a couple of weeks time. Plus the Cosy was on special for $1.99 a ball so even over-catering for the project (I've been caught out before so I bought 4 balls - 95m/50g), it still comes in at under $8 for a handbag which is not to be sneezed at.

Other temptations...

So far I have resisted the stitch marker temptation that something from nothing has paraded on her blog. But I do love the idea of admiring little bits of jewellery whilst knitting. A darn sight more attractive than the scraps of different yarn slip-knotted on the needles that I currently use to mark my spots.

I can resist no longer. A second trip to Lincraft in as many days has netted me the makings of some beaded stitch markers. I even found some timely posted instructions on adventures in geeky knitting. Looks like I've just missed out on Stitch Marker Swap 1 so perhaps I should keep an eye out for the next one. Hmmm...

The question now is, what will Paisley be working on this evening? Sophie Bag? Stitch Markers? Another block for the S&T Wedding Quilt (only 2 left to piece!)? More quilting on the C&D Wedding Quilt?

No comments: