Monday, 26 September 2005

Sari Silk Knitting


Capelet
Originally uploaded by Paisley Womble.
I put the Kyoto knitting on hold for a couple of weeks while I made this capelet from the recycled sari silk I bought back in August. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. The silk was a bit of pain to knit with because it twists something chronic and I had to keep clipping it and dangling it to spin and untwist whilst being careful not to untwist it so far that it completely deconstructed. The pattern calls for the edges to be crocheted which I didn't do. The silk would not have been easy to crochet and I don't think that this cape really needed it. If I'd used a plainer yarn, then the crochet would be a good idea.

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

I love it! The color is quite vibrant. PS my kyoto is also on hold, although I did finish a sleeve this weekend.