Wednesday, 16 November 2005

20 Random Things

I've been tagged by Genevieve to give you 20 Random Things....

  1. I did a Body Pump class last night. The instructor is nice but it looks like she's taken an overdose of fake tan AND peroxide - it's a strange mix - skin must be as dark as possible and hair as light as possible.
  2. I really want to buy the box set of Stephen Fry reading Harry Potter audio books but part of me thinks I should wait until the last book is out and I can get all of them together - so they match.
  3. S picked up my sari blouse for her wedding the other day - I've tried it on and it looks pretty good - when you take into consideration my spare tyres teamed with the cropped, close-fitting (prerequisite) style of these garments. The colour (dusky, tea rose kind of pink) is really pretty.
  4. I'm making my bridesmaid dress for C's wedding - when I get the time...
  5. I've never been a bridesmaid before.
  6. Our office Christmas party theme this year is the Roaring 20's. I can recycle an outfit from the last 20's Christmas party I went to 6 years ago.
  7. When I was a kid, I had an imaginary friend Terry, an imaginary triplet brother Hector and an imaginary triplet sister Euphemia. I am an only child.
  8. I am a great procrastinator when it comes to writing and posting Christmas cards. They quite regularly get posted in January. Oh dear...
  9. The big Christmas tree has just been put up in the atrium of our building. Piped Christmas music in the entry lobby is on a loop until the tree comes down in January.
  10. TV ratings season finishes this week. Now we brace ourselves for pretty much 8 weeks of cricket (lots of cricket - test cricket, one-day cricket, domestic cricket), recycled Christmas movies, the imported US and UK comedies that weren't "good enough" to show when ratings counted and tennis (lots of tennis - Hopman Cup, Adelaide Hardcourt, NSW Open, Kooyong Classic, Australian Open).
  11. I prefer a latte to a cappuccino - less froth.
  12. I listened to Billy Joel (Stormfront and Turnstiles) followed by The Divine Comedy (Casanova) on my iPod this morning.
  13. Speaking of Casanova - David Tennant seems to be popping up in a lot of shows at the moment - him and Andrew Lincoln.
  14. I'm thinking a lot about paint colours (greens?) and window treatments (Roman blinds?) at the moment.
  15. I slept in this morning and didn't do any quilting before work.
  16. I bought The Village on DVD the other day. I like Joaquin Phoenix.
  17. Sometimes, in the course of my employment, I have occasion to toddle up to the Supreme Court library where all who enter have to go through the metal detector thingy - they're friendly enough so it's no great hassle and today, for the first time in recent memory, I managed to NOT set the damn thing off! Usually something like my watch or (get this) the little metal loop on the shoulder strap of my bra sets the alarms off - look out boys - these bazookas are aimed at you!
  18. 17 down, 3 to go... I haven't finished a cryptic crossword in a while - too much quilting and knitting going on.
  19. I'm planning to buy the new Ben Elton book The First Casualty - set in the trenches of WWI - sounds like it will cheery stuff (tongue is firmly in cheek). I'm waiting till I finish reading at least one book that's currently sitting on the bedside table.
  20. I'm planning to visit my Aunty M this weekend and have patchwork show-and-tell (she's the only other quilter in the family).

SeaBreeze, if you feel like it, you're tagged, si non, ├ža ne fait rien.

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

a 20s themed party sounds super fun!

My imaginary friends went away as soon as my sister was old enough to play.

I think the wire in my bra sets off metal detectors sometimes. My friend Michael has a metal plate in his leg that sets them off!