Thursday, 15 December 2005

Seven Sevens = Forty-nine

Genevieve tagged me for the Seven Sevens Meme but I'm not feeling a lot like being introspective at the moment - there's far too much of that going around. So in it's place, an old riddle which you've probably all heard before.

As I was going to St Ives,
I met a man with seven wives.
Each wife had seven sacks.
Each sack had seven cats.
Each cat had seven kits.
Kits, cats, sacks and wives,
How many were going to St Ives?

I will, however, list seven things that I say often:


  1. No worries
  2. It is what it is.
  3. Bob's your aunty.
  4. Not a problem.
  5. I think it's Milo time.
  6. Just let me finish this row.
  7. I was hoping to pick your brains.

Still working on the border of the C&D Wedding Quilt. C came around on Sunday arvo just gone and we made a start on making a test version of the bridesmaid dress I will wear for her wedding in January - we discovered that we make great sewing buddies as she doesn't mind doing the ikky stuff that gives me the irrits and vice versa.

S currently has her parents-in-law, sister-in-law, brother-in-law and his wife staying with her and T2 in preparation for the big wedding day (Saturday week which means that Christmas is only 10 days away). Her mother's house is also full of relatives sleeping on mattresses on the floor. Remind me never to complain about having house-guests. I admire their forebearance.

No comments: