Thursday, 19 January 2006

More deadline madness...

In the land of snow, ice hockey, maple syrup and mounties, Stephanie the Yarn Harlot is gearing up for the Winter Olympics by hosting the 2006 Knitting Olympics. As I will have passed the M&A quilt deadline by the time the opening ceremony rolls around, I am tempted to join in and subject myself to yet another deadline. I ducked into Lincraft today and priced some cheapish DK cotton to make Sigma. I think this might fit the bill, bearing in mind that the next few days are going to be in the mid 30's (35 C is 95 F) and 41 C (105 F) on Sunday, I think I need to be a bit conservative in what I can achieve in such non-winter-olympic weather (because it won't have changed by the time we get to February).

3 comments:

Genevieve said...

I signed up for the knitting olympics! I am now beginning to doubt my abilities, however. We'll see. I chose Alice from MagKnits as my pattern.

Donni said...

Come on! Grab the Button! You know you want to :)

Paisley said...

yes Donni - I promise I will grab the button as soon as I get around to logging in at home - I can't FTP at work... I also had a go at designing a couple of "Team Australia" buttons so might post one of them up as well.