Friday, 13 January 2006

Paisley presents the C&D Wedding Quilt


C&D quilt detail 01
Originally uploaded by Paisley Womble.
It's a morning wedding tomorrow for C&D so I thought I'd blog this one tonight. There's a couple more photos on my Flickr stream.
The central panel of each block is an octogon pieced with 8 triangles which have been rotary cut from a series of larger fussy-cut octogons. It's a bit fiddly, but the kaleidoscopic effect was worth it.
This quilt used up just about all the blues and light colours in my stash, plus making a dent in the collection of florals. Despite this, the stash never seems to get any smaller.
Begun in January 2005, the piecing was finished over Easter 2005. Quilting was begun and then put on hold while the S&T2 quilt was completed. The quilt was finished in week leading up to Christmas 2005.

3 comments:

Genevieve said...

it's really pretty! I wish I could quilt.

the stripey tiger said...

Wow!! The quilt looks FAB!! I just love the colour scheme! I too have a pile of blues and browns in the wings to make a scrappy pinwheel quilt one day. I love your fussy cut centres. It's just georgeous!! The bridesmaid's (or brinesmaid and my 2yo says) also looks great. I wish I had enough oomph or something to sew real clothes for moi. Not just dodgy made up stuff for kids.... happy sewing. :-) Stripey

Shelina said...

I really like this one too. The color combination is great, and the centers are definitely worth all that extra work.