Sunday, 12 February 2006

The Wedding Quilts are all complete...


M&A Quilt detail
Originally uploaded by Paisley Womble.
Bliss!

Yesterday was M&A's wedding and I finished their quilt at about 9am the same day. It's a double-wedding ring pattern, but I can't claim credit for the patchwork. I bought the hand-pieced quilt top on e-Bay a few years ago (from a girl in Kentucky if I remember correctly). I don't know if the seller was the maker. I backed the quilt with a green gingham and the wadding is unbleached cotton. The white bits are all hand quilted in a cross-hatch pattern. The coloured arcs are machine quilted along the outline to give the quilt a bit more definition (in a limited timeframe!). C made the bias binding from a green and white cotton print.

Today I'm enjoying the luxury of not feeling like I have to do anything. I've baked a banana cake, pulled out my fabric stash to have a little look at what I've got, had a little snooze... and that's about it really. Bliss!

5 comments:

Genevieve said...

it's lovely!

Paisley said...

Thanks Genevieve.

Leeanne said...

Wow your quilt is great. I am working on my first quilt. How much fun and they are such a challenger.

the stripey tiger said...

Hi Paisley, Your quilts are fantastic - Yep I think you are a quilting machine!!I'm determined to get a quilt ufo done this year will blog about it sooon. Thanks for the olympic cheering on my clap! How is your sigma going? :-) Stripey

Shelina said...

ooh, the quilting is very nice.