Monday, 29 May 2006

I just need some buttons

The Sunrise Circle Jacket is at the blocking stage. It's a little bit big, but I'll be able to layer clothes underneath it. In hindsight I probably wouldn't have added the extra width into the sleeves. The shaping looks nice though. Once I've got some buttons for it I'll model it properly. I went through my button stash yesterday, but there was nothing suitable.
Other knitting news
I've finished the first Grandma Crusoe Sock and I'm about a third of the way down the leg.
I'm planning to have a go at the infamous Pomatomous (sp?) socks. I've bought the yarn.
Moebius 02 is also planned for the near future. I bought some Addi circular needles to make this one. I want to see what all the fuss is about them. So many knit-bloggers seem to rave about their "Addis".
I'm also planning to cast on another jacket - in the Patons Jet which I was originally going to use for the Sunrise.

6 comments:

Donni said...

Wow - that looks lovely - I am spurred on to keep going with mine now!

Rachael said...

I love your jacket it looks fantastic! I hope you get the buttons you want soon.

the stripey tiger said...

wow wow wow well done!! I love to see A WHOLE GARMENT off the needles!! :-) Stripey

girlprinter said...

Looks wonderful! Do you know the button place on the 2nd floor of the Nicholas Building? She has amazing stock.

Genevieve said...

that looks great! I may be inspired to make that now!

the stripey tiger said...

Oh wow wow wow well done!! I love to see a whole adult size garment FO. :-)