Friday, 2 June 2006

Grandma Crusoe ready in time...


Grandma Crusoe 01
Originally uploaded by Paisley Womble.
...for a holiday. I'm taking a week's annual leave and going to Kangaroo Island. My parents are making an epic(ish) road trip of it and catching the ferry across. As for me, I think a two hour flight from Melbourne is preferable so they'll pick me up at the airport on the island.
About the socks:
Yarn: Knit Picks Sock Memories in "Grandma" colourway (a birthday gift from Genevieve).
Needles: set of 5 bamboo 2.5mm dpns
Pattern: Resized version of Crusoe since my gauge was nothing like the pattern specs.
Other remarks: I've yet to wash these so I don't know what they'll be like after washing, but right now they are really comfy. Because the stranded stitch has a bit more body, it stays up better than plain old stocking stitch. It's also given me some ideas for a pair of men's socks which are in the planning stage.

2 comments:

Genevieve said...

they look great! I love the way they turned out. Have a great vacation - I don't know where Kangaroo Island is but it sounds delightful. I hope you have fun!

Michelle said...

love the colours of the yarn!!