Monday, 31 July 2006

Dishcloth


Garterlac Dishcloth
Originally uploaded by Paisley Womble.
A few weeks ago I bought a couple of balls of cotton with the idea of making some dishcloths. Then last week I spotted this Garterlac Dishcloth pattern at Criminy Jickets. This was my first foray into entrelac and Dave's pattern was very easy to follow. I knit this up on Sunday evening while watching Bleak House and Catherine the Great.
I had hoped that this yarn would be a bit more variegated instead of so blocky, but I think it's designed more for self striping. Having said that, it's a dishcloth, it's fun, and it will do the job.

2 comments:

Dave said...

I think the blocky look is really cool! May I ask what kind of yarn you used?

Paisley said...

The yarn is Coats Anchor Magicline - 100% cotton. It's labelled as a crochet cotton.
I'm glad you like the blocky look. :-)