Tuesday, 18 July 2006

A new toy and a new KoPT* tale


Wool Winder
Originally uploaded by Paisley Womble.
No skein of yarn is safe now that I have my Toyota Wool Winder. So much fun.

I went to the gym straight after work so I got on the train a bit later and spotted the girl from work that I quite often catch the morning train with. She's a knitter too, so the two of us knitting sometimes attracts a few intrigued glances. A youngish guy sat down in our bay of seats and started fiddling with his mobile phone (which isn't so out of the ordinary). Then I heard the camera function go off and he started talking into the phone (imagine deadpan bored voice): "I'm sitting on the train next to these two chicks knitting". We realised that he was filming us and he said "the things you do when you're bored eh?" We didn't really know what to say at that point. I'm not sure what he plans to do with the 5 seconds of footage and I don't really mind, but it was a little bit odd.

*KoPT = Knitting on Public Transport

3 comments:

Genevieve said...

you are so going to pop up on his blog! too bad we don't know the address... :-)

aija said...

Weird!!

(Nice winder! I have the same one, its addicting.)

OzKnitter said...

I too have the same winder. Tons of fun (except for the tangles :-s)!