Wednesday, 26 July 2006

The socks fit - almost

The socks were duly presented at little S's birthday party on Saturday. There were about 10 children between the ages of 2 and 6 who were actually pretty well behaved (apart from a small incident when 5 yr old H was caught trying to spear the chickens with his Zorro sword after they managed to outrun him trying to chase them down).
I got an email from Y on Monday:

...while I would say that the socks are a little small, S thinks that they are perfect. She has worn them non stop since she changed out of her party clothes on Saturday (and slept in them). I have only got them off her feet tonight with the promise of washing them so they will be dry for her to wear tomorrow!!!

A little small or not, I think that kind of appreciation from a child is pretty special so I'm satisfied.

I forgot to take my camera on Saturday so I couldn't make a photographic record of the day's festivities, but the birthday girl had slept with her hair in curling rags so that she had ringlets for the day. Y was wearing her Sunrise Circle Jacket (in a greyish heathery blue) which she had made after she saw me knitting mine. This spurred me on to fix the sleeves on my jacket on Sunday night. Will post photos when I get around to it.

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

that's too cute!