Friday, 14 July 2006

WIP Friday 14 Juillet

Today WIP stands for two things: Work In Progress and Work In Piles.

First, work in progress:
Various socks, mittens and chaos on the coffee table.
WIP Friday 060714
Patons Jet jacket in progress.

Friday WIP 060714

I went round to a friend's house for dinner last Saturday night and I pulled out this cardigan to knit a bit more on it. "Wow", he said. "That's grown since I saw you last". I last saw him two weeks ago and I was working on a sock in a completely different colour. I guess at least he remembered that I was knitting. :-)
It's funny some of the comments you get when knitting around others. I was getting in a round or so on a sock while waiting for my food in the local Japanese spot and when the waitress brought my meal she asked me if I was knitting a sweater. Huh?

Work in Piles:
WIP Friday 060714

I'm pretty pedantic about hanging clothes neatly on the clothes line or clothes horse. I'm also pretty anal about folding clothes neatly and putting them in little piles wherever I happen to be folding them. I am, however, really crap at getting around to transferring those little piles into their proper drawers or cupboards in the bedroom.

Stash enhancement news flash:
Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock arrived in the post today.Lornas Laces Shepherd Sock

2 comments:

Genevieve said...

I've gotten some funny questions when knitting in front of others, too. The other day, flying home from California, I was asked if it's easier to knit on little needles rather than big ones. (I was working on a sock) The girl doing the asking was making a scarf, and she wanted to know if she should switch to tiny needles. (I told her no! in case you're wondering)

Also, I love the colors of the Lorna's Laces! So pretty.

aija said...

It seems the only ones who ask me about my knitting in public are other knitters, and those who know their stuff :) Been pretty lucky that way...

Beautiful Lorna's!