Friday, 7 July 2006

WIP Friday 7 July 2006


WIP Friday 7 July 2006
Originally uploaded by Paisley Womble.
Sometimes my friends ask me what I've been up to lately and I list all the crafty things that I've been working on. I get the feeling that perhaps it not quite what they meant, or that they think I'm a little bit mad, or perhaps sad, and need to get out more. Perhaps they're right. Be that as it may, may I present my first offering for "Work in Progress Friday". I've only included WIPs that I've actually worked on in the past week. The photo is annotated if you click through to its flickr page.
As you can see, Pomatomus is progressing well. I'm probably about a third of the way down the foot. The heap of shapeless knitting on the right is the resurrected Patons Jet yarn that was the subject of my aborted first attempt at the Sunrise Circle Jacket. This time, I'm knitting it up in one of the patterns from the Patons Jet pattern book.
The trial run quilting on the log cabin blocks has worked probably better than I had expected, so I am pretty confident now about going full steam ahead with that technique on the queen sized Plain Spoken (pressie for Mum's 60th next February). I've yet to decide on a quilting design for the Mossy Variation (pressie for Aunty M's 70th next February).


And a fun photo - just because.
Socks on the clothes horse

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's nothing wrong with staying home where it's nice and cozy (on cold winter's days and nights) doing lots of creative stuff. Its much better than sitting in front of the idiot box!
C.
PS the quilted pillows are coming up really nicely.

Woolly Wormhead said...

Your blog name is my surname - I'm a Paisley too!

knitabulous said...

I know what you mean. I just say 'same old' or something when people ask me what I've been up to. If I start explaining about the knitting, they actually roll their eyes!