Filched this one from Genevieve.
Five things in my freezer
1. Ice cubes
2. Freezer blocks
3. Chicken thigh fillets
5. There aren't 5 things in my freezer
Five things in my closet
1. Wool stash (in plastic tub)
2. Some of the fabric stash (in space bags)
3. Papers waiting to be filed (they've been waiting a long time)
4. Sheets and towels
5. Pedestal fan
Five things in my car
1. Yoga mat
2. Kool Mints
3. Melway (Melbourne street directory)
4. A few cassettes
5. Bottle of distilled water
Five things in my purse
Ah - there goes another linguistic difference between the US and Australia.
My purse contains cash, credit cards and membership cards. I think in the US, people would call that a wallet. In Australia, only men use wallets. Australian women carry their cash in a purse which is usually contained in their handbag. So...
Five things in my handbag
3. Mobile phone (not cell phone!)
4. Tiger balm