Wednesday, 16 August 2006

Queue jumping

So this sock wasn't in the official sock queue, but last night I felt like casting on for something different and since this whole knitting thing is meant to be a hobby - and FUN - I scratched my itch.
This is the Yarrow Ribbed Sock pattern from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks. The wool is Patons Patonyle which is much softer and nicer to knit with than the nylonny sounding name would suggest (it's an 80/20 wool/nylon blend).

Other sock news.
Progress is being made on sock 2 of the Fathers' Day Thuja variation pair. I've now finished the gusset so just the rest of the foot and the toe to go. I'm still browsing for the yarn for S's useful stockings (she wants plain red and machine washable). It's a case of finding the right red in a nice yarn.

No comments: