Monday, 18 September 2006

Erth watching

I went round to C's place on Saturday arvo and we chatted as I sat knitting on a sock and she staked her tomato plants. I also took the opportunity to check on how the Pomatomi were holding up after a few wears and washes. Omigod they are sooooo soft and delicious to touch after a few hand washes in wool mix. I have some more of the same yarn (2 strands of Marta's 2 ply - different colours though) so now I'm itching to knit it up (I've earmarked that yarn to make Widdershins so I can have some of that soft goodness as well.

Sunday we headed off to the Garden of St Erth where their mass plantings of daffodils are currently in full bloom.
st erth daffs 04


st erth daffs 01st erth daffs 02


I've never seen globe artichokes growing before. There were quite a few dotted around and they made a spectacular feature.
st erth artichoke

I bought one to stick in my garden. We'll see how it goes.

They had Morris Dancers (just for fun).
st erth morris dancers


I got the girls to pose amongst the daffodils.
st erth daffs 03


And we had a wonderful chin wag in the car all the way there and back.

No comments: