Thursday, 14 September 2006

The new Knitty

The latest issue of Knitty went live this week. I've made a couple of additions to the Sock Queue (CableNet and Diamante). I also added in the series of facewashers called Back to School to the Intended WIPs list. Now that I have a surfeit of scarves, I'm finding I don't have many opportunities to use my straight needles. Everything I work on at the moment requires circs or dpns. So dishcloths or facewashers are a welcome opportunity to do some quick and dirty straight knitting.
There is also an interesting article on knitting two socks at once using a double knitting technique rather than magic loop or circs. I'm intrigued by the lengths that people will go to in order to avoid second sock syndrome. Perhaps I will try this one day. Maybe when I'm really in the mood to challenge myself to learn something new and complicated. But right now the sock queue beckons. Last Friday I took advantage of a sale over at Purl Yarns and ordered 4 skeins of Bold Red LL shepherd sock (for the Ladies Useful Stockings - S's request) and 2 skeins of Bittersweet shepherd sock (for me, because it was on sale, no pattern earmarked for this yet - although now that I think about it... maybe the Razorshell might be a good choice). It arrived last night and the Bold Red is just delicious. I'm hoping there might be enough left over to make just a little pair of socks for me.

4 comments:

Donni said...

flash the goods please....

Genevieve said...

cool. I liked most of the new sock patterns in knitty as well, and the washcloth patterns too.

Anonymous said...

Yeah flash the goods! Otherwise i'll have to come over and visit you this weekend to get a look at your stash!
C.

Paisley said...

Jeez.... pushy pushy! I'll flash the stash tomorrow when I can take piccies in natural light.