Monday, 4 September 2006

RPMs are on the turntable

RPM pair fin






RPM backmasked


Project Specs
Pattern: RPM by Aija from Knitty.com Summer(sic) 2006
Begun: 19 August 2006
Finished: 2 September 2006
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock Multi in "Vera" purchased from Purl Yarns
Needles: 2 x 2.5mm Addi circulars.
Variation 1: I did the short-row heel, but added in the
slip-every-second-stitch-on-the-knit-row-heel-stitch-pattern to give the heel a bit more thickness.
Variation 2: The second sock was knitted inside out (apart from turning it back the right way to do the heel) in order to reverse the swirl.


RPM forwards

I was a little bit worried about the gauge on the second sock, wondering whether my purling tension was even with my knitting tension, but the socks ended up the same size so no harm done.
These were fun and pretty quick to knit. The Lorna's yarn was lovely to work with - I'll definitely be using it again.