Friday, 1 September 2006

WIP Friday

I woke up early this morning and it was warm enough to sit outside with a cuppa and do a bit of quilting and model the almost completed reversed-swirl RPM sock. The early morning light explains the slightly blue-ish tinge of these photos.
wip 060901 a

After my whinge earlier in the week about how slowly things were coming along, it struck me this morning as I was working on the hand quilting of the bag-in-progress that it would have been a darn sight quicker and not too fiddly to machine quilt the bag. But I chose to hand-quilt, so no more whingeing allowed. I made my own bed on that one.

Not much growth on yarrow ribbed sock number two. I'm probably about 2/3 of the way down the leg. No rush. Hakuna matata an' all that.

The reversed-swirl RPM sock is coming along well. It's my train knitting at the moment so moves along reasonably quickly. I did some googling yesterday to try and find some hints for avoiding a hole where the short row heel joins back into the round of the foot. It's too late for this pair, but good to know for the future. This is the first time I've done a short row heel. I like the way they look and it seems quicker to turn a short row than a flap heel. If I can just eliminate that pesky hole... See it? In the photo below? Right there in the vicinity of the ankle bone bump?
wip 060901 b




No comments: