Monday, 11 September 2006

Yarrow Ribbed Socks

Another finished pair of socks. Yarrow Ribbed Socks from Nancy Bush's lovely book, Knitting Vintage Socks.
Yarn: Patons Patonyle
Needles: 2.5mm bamboo dpns
Time: A few weeks, on and off.
See my other Flickr photos for a close up of the heel and a foot modelling pose.
Pattern Review: I'm wearing the socks today and they're pretty comfy so thumbs up on that front. When I was modelling the socks for photos I found that the French toe had a tendency to twist around a bit. The German heel looks pretty good, although next time I would add in the slip-every-second-stitch-on-the-knit-rows heel pattern. The yarn is soft and lovely to knit with. I knit my first pair of socks back at the start of this year with the same yarn and they have proved to be pretty tough as well - machine wash at 40 degrees quite happily.

1 comment:

aija said...

I liked that pattern, even with the funky twisty toe :) I've only used Patons' Kroy before, I don't have a place to get it easily but when I did use it, it wore SO well thru the washer & dryer.