Tuesday, 3 October 2006

Garden stash enhancement


jap maple 01
Originally uploaded by Paisley Womble.
I've finally lashed out and bought a plant to go in my half-wine-barrel-turned-into-large-plant-pot. C and I took a drive down to Chris & Marie's Plant Farm and I now have a little weeping Japanese Maple in my little backyard. As an added bonus, the first iris of the season has bloomed so this is what I had the pleasure of surveying as I ate my breakfast this morning. Bliss!
No knitting projects are on the go at the moment. I've developed a couple of excema-like patches on my yarn carrying hand so I'm taking a break from knitting for a least a couple of days to see if it clears up. I'm hoping it was just the particular yarn (Spotlight's harvest pure wool 8ply) I was using rather than a general knitting issue. I really should be doing some more work on the birthday quilts anyways and I'm taking the opportunity to read on the train which is a nice change. Although this morning I was so engrossed in my book that I missed both the stops where I would usually change and so ended up going right round the loop (it only made me about 5 minutes late so it was no great drama - just a cause of mild amusement).

2 comments:

Genevieve said...

oh, eczema's no fun! I get it too. my dermatologist tells me to lotionize (ok, my word, not hers) several times a day - maybe that will help?

Anonymous said...

Jap maple looks great - i'll have to come around for a cuppa on the weekend, so that I can admire the view too!
C.