Friday, 13 October 2006

Madly stashbusting

Although I haven't signed up for the program, I couldn't let Socktober pass without at least dipping my lid (or rather flashing a sock-clad ankle) to the month-long festival of the sock. The pattern is another one of the basic ribbed socks from Knitting Vintage Socks - Madder Ribbed Socks.
madder ribbed sock 01

Variations made to the pattern: Length is the most obvious. We're coming up to summer here and the yarn is a cotton/wool/nylon blend so I thought anklets would fit the bill nicely. The only other modification was to work the heel flap in Eye of Partridge which I hadn't tried before.
This sock uses a Dutch or horse-shoe heel turn which was also new for me. I quite like the square-ish blocky shape which results from this.
WIP for today? Cast on the second sock.

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

lovely! I love the colors. I have that book, too, and I am about to start my first pair from it. (I can't remember the name of the pattern I chose, but they're for my sister... it's one of the ones towards the front of the book with a sort of lacy design)