Monday, 23 October 2006

Secrets and new stuff

I caught up with Aunty M, the future (February next year) recipient of a birthday quilt which I have almost completed. She was quizzing me on what quilts I was working on at the moment. I didn't want to give the game away that I was making birthday quilts for the big February shindig so I was a bit vague and said I was working a quilt for Mum (true) for the new bedroom (also true) and that I haven't been doing so much quilting this year as I've become pre-occupied with knitting socks (mostly true).
Case in point: Latest sock(s) in progress.
two socks at once

Lookie Lookie! Two socks at once for the first time. This radical step has been necessitated by not being sure how far the left-over half-a-ball of summer supersocke will go. This form of Xtreme knitting is not to be attempted when drinking G&Ts at S & T2's house. The befuddlement that results is not compatible with working out which needle comes next and you start to believe that you've made an error which isn't actually there (I discovered that I hadn't stuffed anything up when I sat in the sober light of the next day to "fix" my slightly tipsy knitting).

3 comments:

Donni said...

YAY! Go Grasshopper - once you've been to "Two socks on two circs" its hard to go back.

Genevieve said...

OH, the two sock trick! I have not been brave enough for this yet...

Paisley said...

I don't think I'd like to try anything other than a plain vanilla sock using this technique although I'm starting to get into a rhythm with it now.