Sunday, 12 November 2006

Stuff I made this week


Christmas stocking
Originally uploaded by Paisley Womble.
It's six weeks until Christmas and I had this idea of making Christmas stockings using up scraps from my stash. This one used up the precious leftover bits of Filatura di Crosa Zara. That yarn is sooooo soft and delicious. The cuff is Patons Zhivago (leftover from my too slippery clapotis). Together they look nice and Christmassy.
I've also made progress on the first of S's useful stockings - I've done maybe a third of the leg.
The other major project at the moment is the quilting for Mum's birthday quilt. Progress is quite quick so I'm hoping I might be able to knock most of the work over before the weather gets disgustipatingly hot. That way I can avoid using the air conditioner quite so much.
plain spoken quilting

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

what a good idea, with the Christmas stockings!