Monday, 4 December 2006

Weekend in pictures

Saturday evening saw us gathering at S & T2's house for a "pre-Christmas" BBQ. As well as the standard lamb chops and tandoori chicken pieces, T2 also did these little bits of curried monkfish wrapped in bamboo leaves. They had quite a kick to them so we needed to keep our drinks handy.
BBQ for dinner


I had set up the Christmas tree on Friday evening but I decided that the tree needed a little mat to sit on. So on Saturday I made this.
small Christmas-ish quilt


Then I remembered that I also had a little nativity scene which Y gave me as a Christmas gift a couple of years ago. On Sunday I decided that it needed a little mat to serve as a base. So I made this.
small landscape-ish quilt


Putting it all together. (I couldn't take a good shot of the tree, the lighting was all wrong)
The nativity

I love this nativity scene. Y and I did a couple of needle-felting workshops a couple of years ago which was great fun. I haven't done much of it since, but she has done quite a lot and the detail and scale of this little collection of figures is wonderful.

Oh - and apparently Australia's favourite album is Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. A very interesting list. Interesting as much for what it doesn't include, as what it does. I have one album from the top 10 and 8 albums from the top 100.

2 comments:

Genevieve said...

oh, I love your nativity set, too! (side note: over chez moi, a mini-discussion over what we call these. me: creche. Reuss, British girl: crib. Do you call it a nativity scene or do you have another word for it?)

very pretty. I am planning to put mine up tonight & will take photos but it's nothing as fancy and clever as yours.

Genevieve said...

oh, ps, I just looked at that list - I had 0 on the top 10 and 3 total in the top 100. Which is surprising because I do own a lot of CDs. But I think my parents had more off the list than me.