Saturday, 20 January 2007

a pair of ROY socks


ROY socks pair, originally uploaded by Paisley Womble.

Did you learn the mnemonic ROY-G-BIV in science when you studied the visible light spectrum? Red - Orange - Yellow are the first three colours - hence the ROY description.
See that dark patch on the concrete at the top of the picture? That's rain. It has been raining pretty much all day which is very exciting. The tennis goers are looking a bit glum though.
Next pair of socks on the needles are a little bit hush hush for a couple of weeks. I'm finding it hard to believe that we are already two thirds through January. Time seems to fly faster and faster every year.
I'm making really good progress on Mum's quilt. I reckon one more week and the quilting should be finished. I'd best get some fabric for the binding tomorrow.

6 comments:

Katt said...

oooooh those socks are gorgeous!

You did well!

Katt

Genevieve said...

pretty pretty!

yep, I learned ROY G BIV too.

OzKnitter said...

Fabulous! Did the "chalkiness" wash out?

Paisley said...

The chalkiness has pretty much washed out. They feel a lot softer now after a good bath in some wool mix.

Lara said...

Beautiful! What yarn did you use? Did you dye it yourself ?

Paisley said...

Lara - The yarn came from Live2Knit (undyed merino superwash) and I dyed it myself with Kool-Aid.