Monday, 12 February 2007

Mariner's Compass Bag


Mariners bag front 02, originally uploaded by Paisley Womble.

I blogged about this bag when it was in progress. Now it is finished and I can remove another long time squatter from the WIP list. Click through to my Flickr stream to see a couple of different angles.
Looking at this photo, it looks to need a good iron. Perhaps when it's full of stuff (like any bag should be) it won't look so forlorn. I made this into a shoulder bag with one long strap that I can sling on across my body. I have slopey shoulders that bags (and bra straps) always seem to fall off if I just try and carry them loose on one shoulder.
The lining is pieced from scraps leftover from the Mossy Variation piecing. The colours clash quite considerably with the outside, but I think that adds to the fun of the piece.
A big thank you to Weeks Ringle from the Whip Up team who provided the initial suggestions for how I could make use of this Mariner's Compass block which had looked destined for a half life as a white elephant in my sewing box.

No comments: