Sunday, 4 March 2007

what I did on my weekend.

I finished knitting the Gumleaf Lace Shawl.
gumleaf unblocked


I blocked the aforementioned shawl.
gumleaf blocking


Since I had finished a project, I allowed myself to cast on a new one. Making a little dent in the sock queue, I cast on for a pair of Broadripples. (Yarn is Cascade Fixation in Harlequin)
harlequin broadripple 01


I cast around for some ideas on what to do with the 2 charm square packs of Kaffe Fassett fabrics that I bought last week at the quilt convention.
kaffe quilt idea


I also did a bit of gardening - potted up some cuttings and new hanging baskets and planted out a new Sedum and a new Chinese Star Jasmine (fingers crossed it does ok in this spot). We're close enough to the end of the hot weather now that I figure I can keep these new plants going..... I hope.

3 comments:

Genevieve said...

lovely shawl, and I love the start of the socks, too. I need to finish my broadripples too... second sock syndrome set in, and I HATE the yarn I'm using. (only finishing because someone wants the socks)

Katt said...

oh wow that shawl is gorgeous!!

and i love the wool that your broadripples are being made from!!

Katt

Helen said...

ooh I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the kaffe fabric. I love the picture on the right...