Sunday, 15 April 2007

oops


dpn searching, originally uploaded by Paisley Womble.

Happy Sinhalese New Year everyone.

Having stuffed ourselves silly with a festive lunch, S and I had settled down for some knitting on her back verandah. I was having a lovely time with my new Knit Picks dpns when dog J decided he wanted some PaisleyPunchi petting and I lost my concentration for a moment. Guess what happened to the 5th dpn? Oops.

I offer you this highly inelegant shot of me and T2 trying, as yet unfruitfully, to manouevre the rogue dpn to somewhere a bit more accessible. We're losing the light now so I think it will have to wait for another day when T2 can do his mission impossible thing and crawl under the house.

7 comments:

Lara said...

Argh!

I feel your pain. I just started knitting with my new knitpicks dpn's, and I love them.

Donyale said...

NOT THE NEW DPN's?

Anonymous said...

Oh Dear!
I guess that D will have to wait a while longer for his socks now!!
C.

Paisley said...

Donni - yes the new dpns! I'm not panicking yet - T2 is going to try a commando-style crawl under half the house to get to the decking.
My one consolation is that it was one of the 2.25mm (so I can make do with an odd one from another set) and not the 2mm needles.

Genevieve said...

Oh no! I hope you get it back after the Mission:Impossible stunt.

Donna said...

Rip up the decking!! (Okay that may be a tad extreme)

Katt said...

oh no!!! I hope it gets back to you soon in one piece.

Katt