Friday, 20 April 2007

ouch


insect bite, originally uploaded by Paisley Womble.

As I got on the train this morning, something must have bitten me. As I worked away at the second attempt on D's sock (I did end up frogging the first version) I was fascinated (and slightly grossed out) by watching the little insect bite swelling grow bigger and bigger and I couldn't resist snapping it with the camera phone.
These days I'm pretty good at not scratching itchy bites. I take a certain perverse satisfaction in letting it itch in the short term, knowing that by not scratching, the swelling and itch will go away a lot quicker. I had no such self-control as a kid and was constantly covered in little scabs where I'd scratched and broken the skin.

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

you are better than me! I STILL scratch the bites & get scabby bits. and for some reason, I get bitten a lot...