Wednesday, 18 April 2007

Some advice please...

I think I know the answer to this already, but I thought I'd throw the question out into the ether first.
d sock start

This is the start of D's toe-up socks. I think they are going to be too big. I keep looking at it and thinking that there's no way that D's feet could be THAT humungus. His foot circumference is 10.75". With my gauge at 8st/in and 88 sts around, the socks are going to be 11" and probably too loose (I thought the garter rib might shrink the width more than it does). The next size down is 80 sts which will make a 10" circumference. Do you think that will stretch to 10.75" comfortably (for the wearer that is)?

Mystery Knitting in progress:
geranium knitting
endless garter stitch

2 comments:

Donyale said...

1. You know the answer.
2. I spy a Pommmmmmm sock on the way

Paisley said...

1. yes I do know the answer... there has been some subsequential lily-pond action
2. actually it's not a pommmm - although i can see why you would think that...