Tuesday, 1 May 2007

Did I mention...?

Much to my relief, I got the rogue Knit Picks dpn back. Unky D's socks are going pretty much full steam ahead. I frogged the first attempt as they were going to be way too big. This time round I'm using a made-up rib pattern and using the generic Widdershins instructions for the heel shaping. I've just started the gusset increases.

I've also made a start on the Bayerische Socken. I'm still working on the ribbing, so haven't got to the tricky part yet. I'm using TOFUtsies in the Get Your Feet Wet colourway and can I just say that this yarn is so lovely to work with. It's finer than your average sock yarn, so it really needs the 2mm needles that I am using and consequently, more stitches than your average girly sock. But I don't care. It's soft, it feels beautiful slipping through my fingers, and the colour is bright and exciting, yet soothing and relaxing at the same time (the web picture doesn't show the colour's true richness). I'm waxing lyrical. Must shut up.

PS - still waiting for my Ester yarn to come in - then I'll be KAL-ing as well.

2 comments:

nuttnbunny said...

So glad your dpn was liberated. Cast on last night for Ester - yay!

Mel said...

Yay! I'm so glad when people find my little explanatory posts useful. You might also sometime try the Sherman short row technique for toe-ups. I've recently sorted that out (and done a little photo tutorial, though it's hardly my innovation) and I've been very pleased with the results.