Monday, 25 June 2007

Socks go to High Tea

About once a year, we assemble a small collection of girls and we go and play at being "ladies" by indulging in High Tea at The Windsor Hotel. This year we gave the occasion an excuse by labelling it a birthday celebration for both S and E.



S kindly flashed some leg for some photos of her birthday presented Ladies Useful Stockings.



Useful stockings modelled

[Despite my swearing that I would never make another pair of knee-highs, I'm now feeling sorely tempted to make Millicent for myself.]

And I knocked up a quick 4 corners dishcloth / facewasher to go with the nice smelly stuff that I got E for her birthday.


4 corners dishcloth


I think this pattern probably looks better in a more variegated yarn. Perhaps the Pinwheel pattern would be a better choice for this cotton.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can see why you are tempted to make another pair of knee-high stockings. That pattern looks gorgeous!
C.