Sunday, 15 July 2007

Some patchwork activity


KF Charm Squares Pieced, originally uploaded by Paisley Womble.

I had bought a couple of packs of charm squares at the last quilt fair that I went to. One pack of Kaffe Fassett's stripes/checks and one pack of his prints. The beauty of many of his quilt designs is in the simplicity of the piecing so that the gorgeous fabrics really take centre stage. So I decided to give the squares a moderately minimalist treatment and this is the result. It uses the basic triangular block layouts from "Sarah's Pastel Quilt" on p 21 of KF's V&A Quilts. I've omitted using any borders though. The piece still needs to be quilted - when I get around to it.

1 comment:

knitabulous said...

Hi Paisley,
I was going to email you about what I meant about Ravelry but I don't have your email addy.

Email me if you're interested in further discussion on the topic.

But be warned, although I am verbose in comments I am indefatiguable in emails!!

Ailsa