Thursday, 12 July 2007

TdF KAL - étape 4

After my grump-fest yesterday, I'm back in the saddle. I ripped back to before the cable increases, picked up all my stitches (not as bad an experience as one might think) and re-knit the ankle with a 4 stitch cable on each side. It looks much better now.
Baudelaire 1 - heel back on track

I've made a couple of variations to the pattern as written. One deliberate and one accidental. The deliberate is to continue the slipped stitch heel pattern a bit further up the back of the leg and the accidental is that I'm working the cable every 8 rows instead of every 4. This one is a consequence of me not reading the pattern closely enough and of having 8 row repeats of cables on the brain from all the Bayerische knitting. I'm going to use the excuse that I'm working at a different cadence to the pattern (we learnt all about cadence last night from Phil Liggett in the course of the commentary on Stage 4).
Baudelaire 1 - working the leg

1 comment:

5elementknitr said...

I'm doing the Baudelaire too! For Polka Dot Jersey! You're WAY ahead of me. C'est la vie!