Sunday, 22 July 2007

TdFKAL - Stage 13


Pair of Baudelaires, originally uploaded by Paisley Womble.

Just popping in to post a photo of the finished socks. I'm about two thirds through Deathly Hallows and I've shed my first tears (that's all I have to say about that...)
I watched a fair bit of the Albi time trials last night but was too tired to watch to the finish. Aussie Cadel has climbed to second place in the race for the maillot jaune which is pretty exciting.
I've decided against starting the Canal du Midi socks as a continuation of my knitting TdF - I wouldn't get them finished by the time the riders reach Paris, so I've decided to continue racing with some other projects that were already underway (I fought the startitis and I won!).
One project is a Gansey Sock - the pattern comes from my knitting pattern-a-day desk calendar. The pattern uses gansey shaping techniques to shape the heel of the sock. I'm working this in an 8ply (DK weight) wool/alpaca blend. Photos later.
Another is a crocheted ripple blanket. I caved earlier in the week and bought Jan Eaton's 200 Ripple Patterns. The crochet is quite mindless when my hands and mind are tired.
And one more... I'm trying my hand at spindle spinning. Photos once I've plied my first singles.
Perhaps I'm in startitis-denial.

2 comments:

weaverknits said...

The socks are lovely, absolutely perfect! Thanks for the notes on the pattern, as well... I'm printing your notes out for when I make a pair for myself.

sprite said...

Beautiful socks! Congratulations on finishing!