Sunday, 29 July 2007

Weekend round up - plus some TdF notes

On Saturday I went to the Melbourne Craft and Quilt Fair. I went a little bit overboard on adding to the fabric stash. It felt quite satisfying though.

fair stash 01


fair stash 02


fair stash 03


fair stash 04


fair stash 05


I also spotted a couple books that begged to come home with me. Who was I to say no?

my new knitting books


Today, at Mum's request, I made a bag which is to be a 60th birthday present for an old family friend.

GED bag 01GED bag back


Tonight is the final stage of the Tour de France. I was on tenterhooks last night watching the final time trial. It now all comes down to Contador, Cadel and the wonderfully alliterative Levi Leipheimer. I don't really understand the structure of the final stage. It sounds as if there won't be many opportunities for the lead to change. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Tomorrow I am looking forward to my first early-to-bed night in 5 weeks (before le tour, we had two weeks of Wimbledon - what can I say? I'm a Euro-sport tragic).

No comments: