Monday, 20 August 2007

Getting drunk...

Pretty, squishy, mossy green merino cashmere sock yarn...

Forest moss 02

...is going become a Drunken Bee. (Donni is going to make a pair too)

drunken bees start

The yarn is a little splitty, so I have to go fairly slowly and carefully, but it's looking good so far.

I finished my Razorshell socks.

Razorshell pair

Unlike the pattern as written, I continued the design down the instep. It's slightly off centre on the top of the foot as a result, since the pattern didn't take that into account. But on the foot you don't notice so no harm done. I prefer this look to the stark switch from patterned leg to plain foot which the original pattern called for.
(Yarn is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Bittersweet. 2.25mm dpns)

My first Sidewinder is awaiting an hour of good light, calm and tranquility so that the long graft can be completed without tears. In its current state, it's got a slightly EZ-esque look about it.

sidewinder ready for finale

I also did some patchwork over the weekend, but no photos yet.

2 comments:

Donyale said...

Ohhhh - purdy! I made a start too.

domesticat said...

nice! i'm so excited to see all these other bees!