Monday, 3 September 2007

I finally finished the first Drunken Bee sock. The foot just seemed to go on forever. The lovely green colour (Forest Moss from The Knittery) has worked pretty well with the pattern.
Drunken Bee 01

I have yet to cast on for the second sock, but I've done myself a little chart which combines the Honeycomb element from the Drunken Bees pattern, with a slightly-amended-to-fit-the-stitch-count Waterfall Rib (from Sensational Knitted Socks).
waterfall bees

My theory is that this way, the socks will retain the same feel whilst being different enough that I won't go completely doo-lally knitting the same thing over again. (I've completed an identical pair of Bayerische socks. I don't have to prove my stamina to anyone!) If I knitted a completely different sock, the fit would be different and that would drive me a just a little bit more nuts.

1 comment:

Donyale said...

YAY well. What are you waiting for.

Knit it so I can see what it looks like.