Sunday, 2 September 2007

Rippling


Rippling, originally uploaded by Paisley Womble.

I pull this out whenever I feel like doing something really mindless and work another stripe. It started with a 200 chain width, so it's going to be huge. But it's now getting long enough that it's nice to have on my lap when there's a little bit of chill in the evening, but it's not cold enough to put the heater on.
It's inspired, of course, by the ripple blanket craze that was instigated by Yarnstorm, which subsequently spread throughout the blogosphere. I'm joining the party somewhat belatedly, but I'm having a lovely time with it.
I've chosen the Holiday Waves pattern from Jan Eaton's 200 Ripple Stitch Patterns. It's worked with trebles (I think American crochet terminology would call these doubles) so it's growing at a reasonable pace, although it gobbles up yarn like nobody's business. I have no plan, or a complete stash of yarn for it. I pick up the odd ball or yarn whenever I spot some that takes my fancy, or is on special. My only criteria is that they are 8ply weight, plain colours (mostly jewel-like tones) and wool based.

No comments: