Thursday, 13 September 2007

Small satisfactions


my favourite bit, originally uploaded by Paisley Womble.

Every now and then, I notice little things about knitting that give me great satisfaction in little ways. Some people get it from blocking a piece of lace. I haven't done much of that yet (despite it having been my intention to do more lace this year - somehow it didn't really pan out... but no matter).

But what I have found, is that when knitting a top-down sock (which is how I knit socks most of the time - except when I'm terrified of running out of yarn), I love the corrugations that form from knitting a simple 2x2 ribbed cuff. I'm not sure what it is about this that pleases me so much. Perhaps it's the neatness (I like it best with smooth yarns) and the regularity.

No comments: