Sunday, 4 November 2007

The end is sight


Baby A shawl progress 02, originally uploaded by Paisley Womble.

I haven't blogged much about this project. Mostly, I think, because the progress is difficult to document with the camera, and not that interesting to write about - lots of garter stitch, followed by lots of very basic lacy edging.
So I'm onto the final mitred segment - not quite halfway through that one. Then comes the fun part of knitting on the final edging all the way around which will be slow, but the progress is easy to measure by that stage.
The baby this is for isn't due until April, so I'll have it done in plenty of time, but the threat of sitting under a great woollen blankie through summer gave me the incentive to get it done now.

1 comment:

Bryony Ramsden said...

That's looking lovely - simple but very effective. Lucky baby!