Sunday, 18 November 2007

Horcrux socks commence

This post contains ever so slight hints or spoilers for anyone who's been hiding under a rock and has not read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows yet. You've been warned.
Sunshine Yarns has been running a Harry Potter Sock Club. My last installment which will be self-striping Gryffindor yarn should arrive sometime this month I think. The two previous colours have been sock club exclusives (for the moment). The first was "Just another Weasley" - lots of browns and reddish straw colours. Then a few weeks ago, "The colorway that must not be named" turned up on my doorstep.
the colorway that must not be named

So it seemed appropriate that this yarn should make its way into a pair of Horcrux Socks. I love the zig-zag shape that goes down this sock which seems so reminiscent of Harry's scar. Given that these socks were designed before the release of Deathly Hallows, this design reflects a pretty accurate understanding or prediction of where JK Rowling was going with her plotline.
Horcrux cuff


In other knitting news: I've finished all the knitting and sewn in the ends on the shawl for Baby A. It needs blocking now before I try and work out how to best photograph the sucker.

In news from the links:
We played 9 holes of golf this morning. It was raining pretty steadily when we first got there so we sat and had a coffee until it eased off. By the time we'd played 4 holes, the sun was out, the temperature was going right up and things were getting pretty steamy. November just seems too early to be getting too many 30+ days. I scored 50 for my nine holes (par was 29) which is my best score so far. My next goal is to make par on at least one hole. I came close today, but my putt did the swing around the edge of the hole instead of going in.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Oh, I can't wait to see these finished! How apropo :)