Sunday, 4 November 2007

A new bamboo project


bamboo cardi start 01, originally uploaded by Paisley Womble.

I like the idea of knitting a cardigan from the top-down. The flexibility that it offers in terms of getting things to fit appeals. The intention is for this to be a light summer-weight cardi.
The yarn is Cleckheaton Bamboo, a yarn so new that it was in the stores well before Cleckheaton got around to putting it on their website.
The pattern is starting off with the Soy Cardi by Irene McKisson. Mine, of course, will be a Bamboo Cardi. I also plan to make my sleeves a bit looser and longer.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

I love the mix of colours in this beginning piece. Looks like it's going to be lovely! 'Soy cardi' sounds good enough to eat..!

Bryony Ramsden said...

Mmmmm that looks nice already!

sue said...

The bamboo is so lovely to work with. I have the very same color to make a top for my sister. I also knit up the red/orange colorway in a skirt for my daughter and it is so soft and drapey too. I am sure your cardi will turn out beautifully.

Genevieve said...

I love the colors as well. And I am curious to know how you like knitting with bamboo - it's something I've been meaning to try myself.