Saturday, 22 December 2007

ta-dah!


Baby A Shawl complete 04, originally uploaded by Paisley Womble.

Today is the Summer Solstice, our longest day of the year. But given one look outside and you would be forgiven for thinking that we were actually in the midst of winter. The last three days have been pretty stormy and we've had some flooding incidents dotted around Melbourne (my front step included - but no harm done).
So today has been the perfect weather to do some baking. I've made 48 mince pies (sorry no photos - this is not a food blog...).
I've also finally got around to taking some nice photos of the Baby A shawl. It's turned out bigger than I had anticipated. I forgot about the stretch factor when you block things.
I shudder to think how filthy this thing will get once it falls into the hands of a small baby. But Mum-to-be-S chose the colour so who am I to argue? At least it is machine washable.

2 comments:

sue said...

The shawl looks really beautiful. I have to agree with the weather. One minute hot and sweaty and the next freezing cold and pouring rain. I do like the rainy weather, much better for knitting!

Genevieve said...

so, so pretty. I think the color is lovely but I agree it might be too white for a baby. But I guess they can wash it!