Saturday, 5 January 2008

A February Baby Jacket in January


febBJ 01, originally uploaded by Paisley Womble.

The beauty of this was once I had cast off, I only had to darn in ends and sew on buttons. No seams. At all. Zip.
Donni's buttered popcorn colourway had melded very nicely with the gull pattern from EZ's Knitter's Almanac. But perhaps next time I make this pattern, I might see if I can find another 7 stitch pattern to plug in. The gull pattern wasn't really difficult, but I found it a bit annoying to work. I can't quite put my finger on why.
Next up? A hat to match I think.

1 comment:

Moorecat said...

Hi Paisley -

How about the Heart bonnet from Knitter's Workshop? It would look gorgeous in the same yarn, and not too "matchy".

Not even two cents' worth - you can have it for free!

Thanks for your blog; I enjoy coming to visit :)