Sunday, 17 February 2008

Hats and Cakes

Why make one...
DSC02041

...when you could make two?
DSC02040


This is the first time I've tried the i-cord cast-off. I've avoided this in the past, mostly because the examples that I've seen are usually on BSJs and I don't like the way that the i-cord tends to slightly gather the cast-off edge. But on these bonnets, that tendency actually improves the shape. I'm quite chuffed at how neat the finish is on these hats. I was so impressed by the Bulldogs hat that I finished on Friday night, that on Saturday I cast-on and finished the second hat all in one day.

Today I have been seeking to channel the kitchen side of my inner domestic goddess. Carrot cupcakes (or cuppy-pans as a friend's daughter calls them) from a recipe by Nigella Lawson from How to be a Domestic Goddess. These have plain lemon icing instead of cream cheese frosting.
DSC02036

3 comments:

Genevieve said...

The hats are adorable and the cupcakes look delicious. Now I want a cupcake!!

Leeanne said...

I really like your bonnets, would you mind sharing your pattern?

Paisley said...

The hat pattern is not mine. It is the heart hat from Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitting Workshop book.