Monday, 24 March 2008

An Easter progress.

Every few years, I bunker down over the Easter 4 day weekend and throw myself into a crafting frenzy. In the past couple of days I completed this patchwork cot blanket from go to whoa.
DSC02066

I've also made a start on the baby sized soft brown socks to match T2's grown up socks.
DSC02067

It was also a good time to pull out some DVDs. I watched the old 1980 BBC version of Sense and Sensibility, followed by a dose of my favourite Machiavellian evil political dude, Francis Urquhart, in To Play the King. Yesterday was Clueless, followed by Emma (are you spotting a theme here?). Today I watched the Frances O'Connor/Jonny Lee Miller version of Mansfield Park. I remember being quite disappointed with it when I first saw it in the cinemas. The references to slavery seemed unnecessary in a Jane Austen adaptation and they didn't really add to the plotline, apart from serving to make Sir Thomas far creepier than I had ever imagined him. But I re-watch it from time to time, just to try and work out why they made it the way they did. I'm not there yet.
I was, however, amused to notice that they had the same woman playing both Mrs Price and Lady Bertram - a nifty piece of casting!

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Hunkering down and crafting for a whole weekend - what a fabulous idea! I crafet some of Friday amd spme pf yesterday, went shoe looking on Saturday and finally bought a pair on Monday! Oh, and lunch with the in-laws on Sunday.