Sunday, 15 June 2008

Quilt FO: Japanese Charm Squares

DSC02704

Several years ago, at a craft fair somewhere, I ended up with a pack of charm squares - 25 Japanese style craft prints. At a similar time, I found myself in possession of some pastel-ish prints. I'm not sure where they came from because I don't think I would have bought them myself. My suspicion is that they came from one of my aunt's periodic destashing bees. For one reason or another, I decided to team these together.
I started this quilt over three years ago. It got put on hold when I went into the great wedding quilt frenzy of 2005. Then I had birthday quilts on my mind. Then whenever I pulled it out to try and finish it, I would do a little bit and then it would disappear back into the cupboard for months at a time.
DSC02702

But now, finally, it is finished. There are plenty more quilting UFOs lingering in the cupboard. Now that this one, which has been hanging around, almost almost finished, for so long, is complete, I can make a start on knocking over the next cab off the rank. Hopefully it won't take quite so long.
DSC02703

2 comments:

Bryony Ramsden said...

That's gorgeous! Well worth the wait I think!

qusic said...

Good things take their time and turn out beautiful in the end. Congrats!
I have a lot of UFOs sitting on my hatch pile.